Do you have a genuine passion for the Australian Caravan and Camping Industry?
The Future Leaders Award recognises and rewards dedication and outstanding achievements from the industry’s up and comers.
The winner of the Future Leaders Award will receive:
- Up to $10,000 towards industry study or professional development
- An opportunity to attend a Caravan Industry Association of Australia National Board meeting, to observe and provide input into important industry discussions
The other finalists of the Future Leaders Award will receive up to $1,000 towards industry study or professional development.
If you are an individual under the age of 40 (as at 1st January 2021) working within the Caravan & Camping Industry, you are eligible to nominate yourself for this award. To nominate you must provide a written response to the below questions. Written nominations are to be supplied electronically and not exceed 2 pages (or 1000 words). If you nominated in 2020 and have since turned 40, you are still eligable to apply for the award this year.
In your nomination please provide written responses to the following questions:
- Briefly explain your background/experience;
- List three challenges you see the Caravanning and Camping industry facing and how do you propose we overcome those challenges;
- In five years’ time where do you see yourself;
- As a Youth Ambassador for the Caravanning & Camping Industry what would you like to achieve/ how would you like to contribute;
- If you are awarded 2021 Future Leaders Award, what professional development would you like to undertake.
Nominations must be submitted prior to the closing date listed below, along with the application form, available on the following page.
Five finalists will be selected from the nominations received and will be invited to attend a judging process to be conducted on Tuesday 4 May 2021 on the Gold Coast at the RACV Royal Pines Resort.
Finalists will receive return flights to the Gold Coast and accommodation (room only, one night) on Tuesday 4 May 2021, if applicable, in order to meet with the selection panel. In addition, finalists will receive a complimentary registration to the Future Leaders Forum events taking place on 4 & 5 May 2021 on the Gold Coast.
All finalists will be recognised at the Industry Gala Dinner where the Future Leader Award winner will be announced.
Nominations must address all criteria and be submitted online prior to the closing date on Wednesday, 21 April 2021, 5pm AEDT.
For queries about this award please contact Madeleine Sawyer, Tourism Executive, 03 9815 2015.